Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Bunny"

From when I was little, I've always wanted a rabbit. Cathy, my mom, has always shut me down saying, "HELL NO! They smell, Alexandra. Plus, I'll be the only one who takes care of it without any help." So, when I finally got some freedom going away to college, I decided to buy a rabbit at an SPCA in Chico, Ca. Supposedly, this is the only society prevention center that doesn't euthanize the animals. When i saw the furry little hopping animal, I knew she was mine. Without my mothers parental consent, I bought her. 

SPCA named her Raja Rabbit. 

I thought it was cheesy. 

I needed something childish. 

So, Little Bunny Foo-foo it was.

I had her at my sophomoric apartment for a year and my roommates had a love/hate relationship for Foo-Foo. They loved her because she was cute and didn't do much, but they hated her because she was a "Smelly Mel."[In case you aren't from the Bay, Smelly Mel is a plumbing company around here.] I finally told Cathy I had boughten a rabbit. And oh wait, that next year, when I'm a junior, she'll have to keep it at home for a whole year because the sorority house (yes, I am a sorority girl, don't judge) doesn't allow animals. So not only did my mother put up with a smelly house for a year, but she had to take care of Bunny too. 

Guess, my mom was right.  
Oops.
Hi Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment