Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beautiful Hero

From dictionary.com the word, hero, is defined:
"A man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities."

My hero is my sister, Nicole. I know it may sound a little too cliché  and doesn't have much originality because almost every sane person is inspired by a family member, but Nicole has always been a person I've looked up to. My mom, you can say, is old fashioned when it comes to raising kids. She never talked to me about things like the birds and the bee's, puberty, or THAT time of the month. No, she never did, but never did I want to hear it from her either. When I first got my period, I went to my sister. When I first started having feelings for a boy, I went to my sister. And when I became interested in the pampering's [makeup, nails, hair, tanning], I went to my sister.

Every little girl needs an older sister, especially, if you've come from a broken home. When I was in 6th grade, my parents got a divorce and since then they haven't spoken to one another. I was too young to understand what was going on and no one would tell me that the parental fighting went from mild to severe. I didn't know this because my sister [and mom] would protect me from it and take in all the crap that had fluctuated. She saw everything. She saw the fighting, the cursing, and the leavings. She even got parts of the verbal abuse (from my dad) when she was growing up. A lot of the hurtful words had really soaked into her head and has bothered her ever since. But, my sister had strength and durability; she delegated herself to listen to my mother when she needed an ear, she secured everyone with warm-heartened arms, and was tough enough to take my father's full verbal force.

My sister was the backbone of the family at this time. A senior in high school and, in my eyes, became woman.

She grew up, fast. Faster than her friends, faster than most kids her age, and faster than the normalcy of an 18 year old.

Me, I'm 20, and I'm still the kid people knew from 8th grade. I haven't changed. But that's because of my sister. Because of her, I still have my innocence, my immaturity, and a normal childhood.

I look up to her so much and I hope she reads this because I never tell her how much she means to me.

Stunning girl, independent, hard worker, caring, respectful, understanding, sociable, intelligent, loving, honest, loyal, humorous, religious, charitable, imaginative, confident, well-mannered, family oriented, stable...
  ...and she is my beautiful hero.

    Me(left), My sister(rightt)
 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment